Terms of Service
This policy represents the Terms of Service ("TOS") in its entirety and supersedes any other written or oral policy. This policy defines the terms of service of all HarHost customers agree to when they sign-up for any of the web site hosting services. We reserves the exclusive right to change, amend or revise any portion of this TOS policy at any time, with or without written notice to our customers.
Customers using any services offered by HarHost agree to be obligated by and must comply with all policies in this TOS or must otherwise opt out of and cancel their web hosting service. We retains the sole discretion to make judgment regarding any violation by any our customer and may take action against any customer deemed to be in violation of these terms including the cancellation of any customers services without refund and/or, if deemed appropriate, be legally prosecuted.
Web Hosting is intended for the client's use only. client may not sublet, sublease, subhost, or give away any portion of the resources to anyone other than the client. Examples include: creating sub-accounts for other people (for profit or otherwise), hosting of multiple commercial or non-commercial entities that are not directly owned by the customer, resale of sub-accounts, etc. Doing so will result in immediate account termination.
All services provided by HarHost are to be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any local or international law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, material that jeopardizes national security, or material protected by trade secret or other laws. The client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless HarHost, from any claims resulting from the client's use of HarHost's services which damages the client or any other party.
Pornography and sex related merchandising are prohibited on any HarHost hosting account. This includes sites that may imply sexual content, or link to adult content elsewhere. This is also true for sites that promote any illegal activity or content that may be damaging to HarHost servers or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
Examples of prohibited content (i.e. in the form of website material, domain names, or links) include, but are not limited to, the following:
- IRC software
- Pirated software
- Hacking sites, programs or archives
- Warez sites
- Phishing sites
- Distribution of music files or any other material in which the account holder does not own the copyright
- Adult sites
- Pharmaceuticals/Drug Sites
- Game Servers (dedicated game server programs)
- Engaging in or promoting behavior that is defamatory, harassing, abusive or otherwise objectionable
HarHost will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Content that does not meet these standards will be removed without prior notice to the client.
The responsibility for ensuring compliance to illegal or unlawful activities rests primarily with the client. HarHost will not, as a standard practice, monitor its clients to ensure that they comply with this policy or any applicable laws. However, when HarHost becomes aware of these activities, action may be taken to suppress these activities, including but not limited to, removing the information, shutting down an account or website, or any other action deemed appropriate.
HarHost reserves the right to directly take action against a customer of a client in violation of these policies. HarHost also reserves the right to take action against the HarHost client because of activities of a customer of the client. Any HarHost clients will cooperate with HarHost in any corrective or preventive action that HarHost deems necessary. Failure to do so is a violation of HarHost's policy.
HarHost will not monitor the content of electronic messages sent or received by its clients unless required by law, government authority, or when public safety is at stake. To maintain the operation of HarHost's networks, and to comply with public safety, court orders, subpoenas, summons, discovery requests, warrants, statutes, regulations, or government requests, HarHost may disclose information, including but not limited to, information concerning a client, a transmission made using our network, or a web site residing on our servers. HarHost assumes no obligation to inform the client that this information has been provided, and in some cases may be prohibited by law from giving such notice.
3. Account Usage
Users may not utilize their accounts that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Connection with any activities or content determined by HarHost, in its sole discretion, to be related to gambling, adult, obscene or pornographic materials or content, harassment, defamation, libel and hate speech or other offensive speech or content, or for any unlawful purpose, including without limitation, fraud, money laundering, child pornography, terrorist-related activities, activities in violation of Singapore export or import laws, any executive orders, or any rules, regulations, infringement on rights of others, trafficking in illegal drugs, or any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law, or which HarHost determines to be controversial or disruptive to the operations of HarHost or any other User or third party
- Copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization
- Misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party
- Forge or misrepresent message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message
- Publish or disseminate information that (A) constitutes slander, libel or defamation, (B) publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person’s consent or (C) otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person. Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law
- Cause denial of service attacks against HarHost or other network hosts or Internet users or to otherwise degrade or impair the operation of HarHost’s servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users
- Post messages or software programs that consume excessive CPU time
- Offer mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts or auto responders other than for the User’s own account
- Resell or allow access to or use of, any of our Services except as and only to the extent permitted in one of our authorized Reseller programs. Further, by way of expansion and not by limitation, you may not store files or other data of third parties on our servers
- Subvert, or assist others in subverting, the security or integrity of any HarHost systems, facilities or equipment
- Gain unauthorized access to the computer networks of HarHost or any other person
- Provide passwords or access codes to persons not authorized to receive such materials by the operator of the system requiring the password or access code
- (A) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, (B) impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or (C) engage in any other activity (including “spoofing”) to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous re-mailers or Internet nicknames)
- Distribute or post any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or computer code intended to disrupt services, destroy data, destroy or damage equipment, or disrupt the operation of the Services
- Conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server (except any server for which the User is an authorized system administrator)
- Distribute, advertise or promote software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or Spam
- Solicit or collect, or distribute, advertise or promote, e-mail address lists for the purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or Spam
- Utilize the Services in any manner that might subject HarHost to unfavorable regulatory, law enforcement or other legal action, subject HarHost to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect HarHost’s public image, reputation or goodwill, including, without limitation, sending or distributing sexually explicit, hateful, vulgar, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable materials as determined by HarHost in its sole discretion
- While on a shared hosting platform, utilize, operate, enable, execute, compile, upload or publicly store source code, executable code, programs, or software packages designed to perform tasks not directly associated with Web site/e-mail hosting, including, without limitation, (A) directly opening any listening port, (B) starting any ‘daemon’ process, (C) performing local/remote security scans, (D) simulating local shell/OS access by means of a tunneled/encapsulated connection to a remote host, (E) circumventing firewall restrictions, (F) connecting to any IRC/Peer to Peer file sharing server/network, (G) providing ‘tracker’ services to ‘BitTorrent’ clients and/or (H) exploiting web browser vulnerabilities, as determined by HarHost in its sole discretion
- Attempt to attack, disrupt, or abuse the support- and contact-related mechanisms of HarHost, including, but not limited to, telephone lines, e-mail addresses, fax lines, bulletin boards or contact/signup forms
- Utilize the Services in any other manner to interrupt or interfere with the Internet usage of other persons
- Utilize the services in any manner that violates applicable law
4. Email Usage
Users are not allowed to utilize their account to send unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet (known as “spam” or “spamming”). It is not only harmful because of its negative impact on consumer attitudes toward HarHost, but also because it can overload HarHost’s network and disrupt service to its Users subscribers. Irrespective of whether an email campaign constitutes spamming as defined herein, HarHost allows a maximum of 500 emails per hour to be sent from any hosting account. Maintaining an open SMTP relay is prohibited. Any direct action, configuration, or setting that causes excessive outbound e-mail traffic is subject to review and possible action. When a complaint is received, HarHost has the absolute and sole discretion to determine from all of the evidence whether the e-mail recipients were from an “opt-in” e-mail list, or whether the outbound e-mail traffic generated from an account is suitable for a shared hosting environment.
5. Server Care
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a HarHost server or client of HarHost is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer's functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system
You will be held responsible for all actions performed by your account whether it be done by you or by others. All sub-networks of HarHost and all account holders must adhere to the above policies.
6. Restricted Files
- We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Also any program that acts like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes are not allowed.
- We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
- We do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers or network.
- We do not allow Shoutcast Servers due to bandwidth and load issues.
Background Running Programs
- We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load. Unauthorized background processes shall result in immediate termination of the account. HarHost Internet Solutions maintains the right to cancel accounts at its discretion.
- PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
7. Resource-intensive Scripts
Any website or scripts that utilises a higher than accepted amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU cycles, RAM usage, and network resources) will be given the option to reduce the resource utilisation to an acceptable level, or upgrade its web hosting service to a higher plan that can accomodate the server resource usage. Websites or scripts constantly found abusing common server resources will be suspended and/or terminated. Resource-intensive scripts such as Magento (as per Magento's developer's advice), PennyAuction, GroupBuy are not allowed to be run in a shared hosting environment (Including Reseller Hosting).
8. Unmetered Bandwidth
HarHost does not set arbitrary limits on the exact amount of resources a client can use. In good faith and subject to these Terms, HarHost makes every commercially-reasonable effort to provide its clients with the resources needed to power their web sites successfully, as long as the client's usage complies with these Terms. By not setting arbitrary limits on resources, HarHost is able to provide simple, consistent pricing to clients for their websites.
In order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all clients, HarHost has automated safeguards in place to protect against any one website from consuming too many resources, and adversely impacting the other clients until HarHost can evaluate said site's resource needs. HarHost's offering of "unmetered" services is not intended to allow the actions of a single or several clients to unfairly or adversely impact the service experienced by other clients.
HarHost's shared hosting service hosts multiple client web sites from the same server, and allow them to share server resources. HarHost's service is designed to meet the typical needs of individuals and small business website clients. It is NOT intended to support the sustained high demands of large enterprises, international businesses, or non-typical applications better suited to a dedicated server.
HarHost does not set arbitrary limits on the exact amount of traffic a website can receive or on the amount of content a client can upload to his/her/its website in a given month, as long as the client's use of the Services complies with these Terms. In most cases, a client's web site will be able to support as much traffic as the client can legitimately acquire. However, HarHost reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, memory, or number of files, in cases where it is necessary to prevent other clients from being negatively affected.
To prevent excessive bandwidth usage in a shared environment, and to maintain the quality of data transfer rates for each shared hosting customer, certain heavy bandwidth-intensive sites are discouraged, such as, but not limited to, the following: file sharing (music, video, etc), game servers, etc. Bandwidth usage is checked daily, and successive abusers will be required to upgrade their plans, or failing that, may be subjected to immediate account suspension.
9. Client's Data
All services such as backup and cPanel are provided for the courtesy of the client. It is the sole responsibility of the client to maintain the client's own backup of any data. HarHost is not responsible for lost data or for lost data due to third party software that is not maintained by HarHost such as cPanel.
HarHost provides free data backup for all accounts. The data backup service is a user-managed backup application, allowing customers to administer their own backup and restoration services from their cPanel account.
All clients are expected and encouraged to perform their regular backups to their local storage/computer.
All clients are urged to perform backups prior to any major updates to their website.
All free data backups are merely provided as a convenience to clients and HarHost will not accept any liability for the availability and completeness of the client data backups.
HarHost will maintain up-to-date backups to our best efforts.
The Terms Of Service document are subject to change without any prior notification. Anything not listed in the Terms of Service is open to interpretation and change by HarHost management without prior notice. This Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between the subscriber and HarHost. By opening an account, the subscriber agrees to the above-stated terms. Any violation of these Terms of Service will result in termination of the account. HarHost maintains the right to terminate accounts without prior notification.
We reserve the right to remove any account with 15 days prior notice via email or by other means.
Updated: 19 February 2018